Our work to date:
click for Details
click for Details
- Coordinate Healdsburg 2040 activities across all four working groups
- Shaped the City’s 5-year Strategic Plan. We spearheaded the development of Healdsburg 2040’s own Strategic Plan proposal, including strategic goals, initiatives and action items [insert link to matrix], which were derived from in-depth analysis of the SDAT report by all working groups. We focused on achievable, measurable goals. Our recommendations were shared with the City Council and presented to the public at a well-attended forum on June 24, 2019 [link to event video and/or presentation deck], where we emphasized that climate change adaptation & mitigation need to be an integral part of the strategic planning process.
- Established an ongoing dialog with City Council and Staff. We took advantage of a range of communication channels to build relationships with City Staff and City Council members, including inviting them to attend WG meetings. Members of our group regularly attend meetings of the City Council, building a climate of mutual trust and facilitating the exchange of ideas between city officials and Healdsburg 2040.
- Mobilized the community to fight for the previously determined plan for the community & event center at 3 North. Healdsburg 2040 put pressure on the City Council to accept the generous donation by the Foley Family Foundation to redesign the historic Cerri Building as a community and event center, as planned through an extensive stakeholder process. We placed several columns in the Healdsburg Tribune, drove participation in a wildly successful signature campaign and conducted outreach to individual Council members with a united message.
- Co-sponsored a 2020 City Council candidate Forum to introduce the public to the candidates and encourage people to get out to vote. Together with the Healdsburg Tribune, we organized a widely visited public Zoom forum with all six candidates for City Council [insert link to recording], and we subsequently provided a Spanish translation [insert link to HB2040 Spanish Translation] that was made available by the Healdsburg Tribune and Corazon through their channels.